November 9, 2012

Friday Quickie

25 quickie facts about Sloane Taylor:

Birthday? Dec. 8
Favorite color? Green
Favorite animal? Lion
Siblings? One older sister
Favorite drink? Vodka on ice
If you were a jelly bean flavor, what flavor would you be? Raspberry
Favorite author? Too many to choose from
Favorite dish? Everything Italian
Ice cream flavor? French Vanilla
Favorite Season? Spring
Plotter or pantser? A little of both
Hobbies? Gardening and cooking
Dream vacation? Three months in Germany
Favorite TV show? The Mentalist
Musical preference? Oldies
Pet peeve? Slow drivers
Favorite place to write? My patio or in the car
Favorite song? Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits
Odd family fact? My great-grandmother outlived four husbands
Unforgettable moment? When Studs proposed
Favorite Superhero? Studs :-)
Spicy or not? Depends on the food and my moood
Cat or dog? Both
Favorite candy bar? Hershey’s
Favorite guilty pleasure? Gorging on ice cream drenched in chocolate syrup


Summarize your book Twitter style:

Chicagoan Clancy Marshall has planned her dream Venice vacation down to the last detail. From gondola rides to masked balls, and anything else that just happens along, she is determined to experience all pleasures. But those careful plans fly out the door when she literally falls into the arms of a masked stranger.

Vittore Ricci comes from an old Venetian family that claims two doges in their lineage. A straight-laced Count and owner of a prestigious hotel, he never does anything without serious consideration. Until a sexy American tourist offers an opportunity no man can refuse.

BUY LINK

 To learn more about Sloane Taylor and her writing, please visit her website:


20 comments:

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Oh, Gawd, I am your pet peeve!!! LOL Loved your Friday Quickie. Your story sounds great.

Mackenzie Crowne said...

Go great-grandma! LOL on writing in the car, Sloan. Trying to picture that.

AJ Nuest said...

I love the name "Studs"! How great is that! LOL And rock on great-grandma! Whoot! Great post, Sloane and I love that cover!

LisaRayns said...

Great to meet you. Love vodka and it's cool you enjoy writing in your car. I'd never thought of that unless I'm out and ideas pummel me while I'm on an errand. I love these posts, they're so fun!

Anonymous said...

Great little interview, Sloane. I feel I know you quite well now. I agree, 'Studs' is a tremendous name.
Jane

Jan said...

Great Friday Quickie, Sloane!

My writing career got started writing in the car. LOL
Snowstorms and heatwaves were included...*jan smiling wistfully*
Now I have a nice room with a view and an electric fireplace to keep me butt warm. Wooohoo!
Great post!

Sloane Taylor said...

OH NO, VONNIE! I can't believe you are anyone's pet peeve.:) Glad you enjoyed the quickie!

Hi Mackenzie, writing in the car is usually done with one finger, both knees, and lots of prayers.:)

Hi AJ, Glad you liked the post and GG.:) Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Lisa, Cheers my vodka imbibing friend.:) Driving is when the most ideas pop into my brain. Haven't been able to figure out why.

Sloane Taylor said...

Bon jour, Jane! Glad you liked the post. You'd like Studs even more. He's a real keeper.:)

Jan, I choked on my cold coffee on your writing in the car opener. My mind went down a whole different road. lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Sharon Ledwith said...

Riddle - what do you get when you put Studs, a Hershey bar, and French Vanilla ice cream in the bedroom? Answer: 50 Shades of Sloane. Grin.

Sloane Taylor said...

ROTFL!! Sharon, you lovely Wench, you've been peeking.:)

Yasmine Phoenix said...

I'm not sure what Sloane is doing on the hood of the car. Maybe Studs popped the top and checked the oil with .... love your romantic, erotic stories.

Sloane Taylor said...

LOL! Yasmine, leave it to you to come up with an opening scene for a new book.:)Good to see you today.

Yasmine Phoenix said...

Feel free to use, just name your new protag Yasmine Although what type of character you'll make her, I shutter

Sloane Taylor said...

An uber sexy lady loaded with class.:)

Debra St. John said...

Hi Sloane,

I'm so with you on the slow drivers and ice cream drenched in chocolate sauce.

DebraStJohn

Sloane Taylor said...

A kindred soul! Hi Debra, thanks for posting.:)

Anna Taylor Sweringen said...

Ditto slow drivers, particularly if they're in an SUV. Masquerade sounds like another winner.

Sloane Taylor said...

Hi Anna, don't even get me started on SUVs. lol From your lips...

Sarah Grimm said...

Sloane! I'm so happy to have you visit with us! Can't wait to read Masquerade.

Oh, and you are SO right, Studs is a keeper. :)

Sloane Taylor said...

Thank you for having me, Sarah. It's been great fun.:)