June 18, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger Autumn Jordon




Thanks, Sarah, for inviting me to blog today. I hope I entertain your readers. I’ll just jump right in.


***

“We’re lost.” Gina stood and brushed the bits of dirt and leaves from her knees.

“No, we’re not.” Cole’s dark bangs fell across his forehead as he studied the scavenger map splayed across his lap. Mechanically, he combed them back unaware how damn sexy the act was.

She shouldn’t be attracted to him. He was a bad boy. And probably very experienced in the area she so wanted to learn.

Cole hadn’t a clue his musky scent caused her knees to weaken so much she leaned against the rough bark of a hundred year old oak for support. And, it baffled her Cole didn’t hear her heart tap dancing on her seventh rib. The only other sound in the green meadow were a pair of evening larks cackling and her heart was only covered by a thin tank-top and a wisp of a bra she’d bought specially for tonight—just in case she decided to let him feel her up .

His finger moved across the map. Maybe she had read him wrong. Maybe he wasn’t interested in her after all.

She sighed. Nearly seventeen and she didn’t know squat about men.

****

Are you hooked? Do you wonder what Gina has on her mind? Do you want to know if Cole looks up into her big, brown eyes and sees the love he’s been waiting for all his young life? Well, you’ll have to read my new release, IN THE PRESENCE OF EVIL to find out.

The excerpt above isn’t from the novel. It’s backstory. As an author, one of our jobs is to hook the reader on page one and keep you turning the pages, drawing you deeper into the lives of our characters until it’s too late and you just can’t stop reading or thinking about them. Usually page one, maybe two is all a reader will read before buying the book. It typically is for me. The passage today was meant to interest you in reading more about Gina and Cole. I hope I did that.

FYI: I’ll give you a little more insight into Cole and Gina lives. They first meet as teenagers. Cole is immediately dubbed as trouble by many in the small town, but Gina’s gets to know the real Cole. He’s a proud boy who is determined to make someone proud of him. Who? He has no clue until he meets Gina. She becomes everything to him. Life happens and ten years pass.

No, I’m not going to share more. I hoped I’d peaked your interest in ‘IN THE PRESENCE OF EVIL ‘ enough to either visit my website www.autumnjordon.com to learn more about the story or better yet to jump right over to The Wild Rose Press or Amazon and purchase a copy. I'm also holding a contest at my blog. There's still time to enter, so pop over.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

AJ

14 comments:

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Autumn,
Very tantalizing. Makes me want to read on and find out what happens between Cole and Gina.
Regards

Margaret

Mona Risk said...

Oh yes, Autumn, you got me hooked, and this book is on my TBR list. I know it will be as good as the previous one, Evil Witness.

Autumn Jordon said...

@Margaret Tanner

I did my job. Woohoo. Thanks, Margaret.

Autumn Jordon said...

@Mona Risk

Ah, thanks, Mona. Let know your thoughts. You really made my day last time.

Debra St. John said...

Hey Sarah and Autumn,

Autumn, you surely have me tempted and teased by your introduction of Cole and Gina.

And I love the cover. The red details: fingernails, lips, blood...really stand out. Very striking.

Autumn Jordon said...

@Debra St. John

Hi, Deb. I feel so wicked tempting readers. LOL. Thanks and on the cover too. I searched long and hard for that picture and Rae Monet added the rest of the elements to pull it all together. She did a fbulous job.

Sue Palmer Fineman said...

Lady, you write wicked good books! This one is definitely on my list.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Back story? Ooo...good way to hook us. Love your cover.

Cara Marsi said...

Autumn,

You definitely got me hooked. I love your books. I can't wait to read your newest.

Autumn Jordon said...

@Sue Palmer Fineman

Sue, Brenda, and Cara. Thanks so much for stopping by and boosting my ego. You're all awesome writers too. I hope to see you in NY.

Jill James said...

Autumn, amazing sounding book. I can't wait to read it.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Great interview and beautiful book cover. Wishing you fantastic book sales.

Autumn Jordon said...

Thanks, Vonnie and Jill for taking time out of your day to stop by.

Liz said...

mmm...love a woman who can steal a man's breath with just a look...great 6