May 15, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger Marie Tuhart


Back in 2009 right after I’d sold my first book to The Wild Rose Press, they put out a call for stories for their new Cowboy Kink series. The title of the series alone should give you an idea of what the books needed. I read the requirements, but since I’d just sold and was knee deep in edits, I put the series out of my mind.

Several months later when I was done with In Plain Sight, I went back to the requirements and read them again. It was the first time I was going to dip into the world of ménage. I wasn’t against the idea, but I had to figure out how to make to work the way I write.

So I started thinking what kind of cowboy book could I write? I pondered this for a few days, then I came up with a dude ranch, okay that was good, but not really a kink type of place until the muse in my head said “what about an adult dude ranch.”

That idea had possibilities. Figure the idea out, I emailed the senior editor and asked her if she thought the idea of an adult dude ranch would work. She told me to write it. After several stops and starts, I wrote Quick Silver Ranch in 6 weeks. And that was my rough draft, several critiques later and revisions, I sent it off to The Wild Rose Press.

It worked and I sold the book, but the title needed to be changed. I wasn’t married to the title, but then my editor came back and said to me if I was willing to write the secondary characters story they’d put the books out as a series, with Quick Silver Ranch as part of the title.

I fired an email back to my editor and said “Sure I can do that.” Two seconds after sending the email my head hit my desk and I muttered “no conflict, no plot, what was I thinking.” Of course it all worked out for the best.

Tyler is my hero in Quick Silver Ranch: Roped & Ready. While he works with the horses, he has a degree in human sexuality as well as animal husbandry. This means he can have his two loves together, horses and sex. LOL



Quick Silver Ranch: Roped And Ready
by Marie Tuhart
Available at The Wild Rose Press


Quick Silver Ranch is no ordinary dude ranch.

After Becca Dalton finds her fiancé in bed with her boss, she ends the ill-fated engagement on the spot and quits her job. She heads to Quick Silver Ranch, looking to regroup before an interview for the job of her dreams–an executive position at a five-star hotel.

Becca’s best-laid plans are ruined when she discovers the exclusive ranch is for consenting couples who spend their days and nights exploring their most wicked sexual fantasies. For Becca to remain at the ranch and take advantage of all the arousing activities, she needs a partner.

Her sexy college lover and part owner of the ranch, Tyler Carson, is willing to break all the rules, partner up with Becca and have her roped and ready for a week of unimaginable pleasure. But is a week enough to satisfy his desire for Becca?

This is the first cowboy book I’ve written in over 10 years, but it reminded me of how much I love these alpha men. There will be more to come.



The next one in the series Quick Silver Ranch: Saddle Up is about Jared, who is Tyler’s business partner and a sexual psychologist.



Quick Silver Ranch: Saddle Up
by Marie Tuhart
coming soon The Wild Rose Press

Angie Davidson finds herself at loose ends after her best friend's wedding and in need of a vacation, so when sexy yet aloof co-owner of the Quick Silver Ranch, Jared Turner, insists she stay to explore their sexual attraction, she agrees. Though she loves being a submissive in the bedroom, Jared's distant air after lovemaking brings back bad memories. Can she show this strong sexy man he has nothing to fear from her, or will he abandon her like everyone else in her life has?

Sexy yet aloof Jared, co-owner of the Quick Silver Ranch is eager to explore Angie's submissive side with two weeks of toys and other naughty play. However, the last time he was this attracted to a woman--mentally and physically--she wasn't able to put up with his Dominant streak. Can Angie see that her vacation with him can be the perfect way of life?



Find Marie Online:


6 comments:

April Vine said...

Hey Sarah and Marie

I love to know how stories are born, especially ones as hot as Marie writes :) Absolutely loved Roped&Ready. It's super sexy!

Thanks for sharing

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi April,

Thanks for stopping by and the wonderful comment. I do have to say both books are super sexy and I love both hero's.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie and Sarah,

Thanks for sharing your story. It's inspiring! I loved Roped and Ready (it blew my mind) and In Plain Sight too. I can't wait for Saddle Up.

Nia

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Nia,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so happy you love my book.

Marie Tuhart said...

Thanks for having me, Sarah.

Sarah Grimm said...

Marie-

Thanks for being a guest on my blog. Hopefully you'll visit again sometime, as I'd love to do it again. Preferably when Blogger isn't having 'issues'.

~Sarah