February 3, 2009

Where did January go?

It’s February already. Are you as surprised as I am? As hard as it is for me to believe, today is my youngest son’s birthday. With a February 3rd birthday, you’d think I wouldn’t be so surprised. But somehow, no matter my planning, February always seems to sneak up on me. Which is why it only just occurred to me that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.




No worries. I’ve got Valentine’s Day covered. You see, DH and I don’t buy each other gifts. Not for Valentine’s Day, Birthdays or Christmas. Nope, not even for our Anniversary. Our special days usually include dinner together, but if we want gifts, we go out and buy it ourselves. Yup! It usually goes something like:

“Honey, in case you were wondering, you bought me a Kindle for Christmas.”

Or

“This year I’m going to the drag strip for my birthday, so I ordered a new set of drag radials.”

I admit, some people think this is very strange and wouldn’t like it if their significant other didn’t purchase the gift themselves. But more than not, I get people telling me how much they would love to have the same arrangement. No stressing over finding the perfect gift. No hard feelings if the other comes home without a gift on your Anniversary. I love it!

This Valentine’s Day, I decided to add to my TBR pile. My gift includes:

Jordan Dane, Evil Without a Face

Dianne Emley, Cut To The Quick

Karen Rose, Kill For Me

Kate Carlisle, Homicide in Hardcover

I can’t wait to curl up on the couch and read, read, read. My favorite pastime.

So what do you want for Valentine’s Day? Books? Chocolates? A bouquet of flowers? Maybe dinner and a movie? All are wonderful gifts, but maybe none of these are for you. Would you prefer a hug? A night alone with no husband or kids? Help with the housework? If it’s on your wish list for this holiday for lovers, I want to hear about it.

0 comments: